or call 1-800-514-5774
For people permanently confined to bed (paralyzed, for example), sponge bath is usually the only bathing solution. Sponge bath never measures to a real shower bath. A real shower bath not only maintains general hygiene, reduces skin infection, and but also provides full-body relaxation.
The LiteShower™ Shower-in-bed allows any person to take a real shower bath in bed - without leaving the bed.
How it works:
- Generally roll the patient to one side of the bed
- Place the self-supporting and collapsible shower tray on the bed
- Generally roll the patient inside the shower tray - tray collapse to less than 1-inch thick and bounces back automatically
- Put a pillow underneath the shower tray to raise patient's head position
- Connect a handheld shower to an indoor faucet with a single snap action. Control water temperature and flow at the faucet. Shower head has ON/OFF control button
- Bathe the patient
- To drain waste water in the tray, you place a special water pump anywhere outside the tray. Pump has a suction hose going into the tray and a discharge hose that drains water into your sink or toilet. Pump can run dry and requires no prime - just plug in the power cord
- Dry the shower tray and the patient
- Generally roll the patient out of the tray
- Remove the tray and fold it away
- Snap off the handheld shower from the faucet - your faucet goes back to normal use