Need to transport a power chair in a minivan? Portable ramps are the ideal solution for this situation. Portable ramps to load a wheelchair in the side door are usually the 6 or 8 foot variety. For the rear door or the tail gate of a pickup truck, 10′ portable ramps work very well.Safety Tips:
- Always have a qualified assistant present when using a portable ramp.
- Never use a walker on a portable ramp
- Never exceed a slope greater than 2" on 12" with an occupied chair or scooter. Neverexceed a slope greater than 3" on a 12" with an unoccupied chair or scooter.
- Always make sure that the top of the ramp is secured on step or landing before using.
- Always follow the manufacture recommendations for chair or scooter.
- Always use your lap belt.